Holmes Golf Course was built in the early 1960’s and has been a favorite in the city of Lincoln for years! Our 18 hole championship course is laid out over gradual hills and has some great views of Holmes Lake. We have an amazing driving range looking out over the lake for your practice needs and our new clubhouse is beautiful and is ready for parties, receptions, & meetings!
Our Mission to You…
Our goal is to offer the best customer service possible and to make everyone’s golf experience the best that it can be. Whether you are a beginner or an avid golfer, we want you to feel welcome while you are with us at Holmes
Like and Follow Us on Facebook
Scott Carlson, PGA Head Professional
Casey Crittenden, GCSAA Superintendent
Holmes practice facilities include the downhill 350-yard driving range that overlooks Holmes Lake to the north. There are 18 separate hitting areas available on grass during the golf season and on artificial turf mats in the off season. Additionally, there are two sheltered hitting bays are available that provide protection from wind and rain on the tee area. Short game practice areas are available for pitching, chipping and sand shots. A bent grass putting green simulates the greens on the golf course.
Small: $3.50 (20 balls)
Medium: $6.00 (40 balls)
Large: $9.50 (75 balls)
Jumbo: $12.50 (100 balls)
In the Summer of 2013 the eagerly awaited Holmes Clubhouse was opened providing facilities perfect to host your event or gathering of any kind. The banquet room, which accommodates 140 people along with the outdoor lawn area, is excellent for weddings and overlooks our golf course. The Clubhouse has gorgeous views of Holmes Lake and the state capitol building.
- All rental rates/fees are required at the time of reservation.
- Food Catering is available depending on your needs. Meals are served buffet Style. Outside food vendors need to be approved in advance by administration.
- Alcoholic beverages must be purchased onsite.Outside beverages are prohibited.
- Reserved time is designated for set up, event activity including photos and clean up.
- Golf carts, driving range, putting green and golf course are off limits unless approved by administration.
- All children must be supervised and are not allowed on the driving range, putting green, or golf course.
- Clubhouse amenities include: full service bar, Two 52″ flat screen televisions (with AV inputs) and WiFi accessibility.
Reservation Rates & Fees
Wedding rental: $75/hour (Minimum 3 hours). Reserved lawn area west of clubhouse and access to clubhouse. Site is reserved for three (3) hours, which may be divided between two days (rehearsal and wedding)
Banquet Room: $75/hour (Minimum 2 hours). Other areas of clubhouse are open to public. Capacity 140.
Full Clubhouse: $200/hour (Minimum 4 hours). Capacity of 195.
Additional Fees: After Hours Bartender Fee: $35/hour (2 hour minimum). Clean Up Fee: $50 (optional, if staff does provide clean up services). Table linens are $4/linen. All menu and bar items are subject to 7% sales tax and 2% arena (occupation) tax. 18% gratuity will be placed on food and beverages.
Damage Deposit: Damage Deposit of $150 is required 7 days prior to the event for any reservation. Check or cash is accepted. Deposit will be returned pending facility inspection.
Liability & Damage: Holmes Golf Course and the city of Lincoln is not responsible for any damage to or the loss of merchandise, personal items or valuables during or following any event. All guests and any independent contractors hired by our guests are responsible for any damage done to our facility.
Menu: Contact Holmes Golf Course for our catering menu at 402-441-8960.
Do you have an existing event or outing that needs a change?
Are you ready to start a new golf event or outing?
Holmes Golf Course is the place for you!
We would like to invite your golf event, tournament or outing to join us at Holmes for an opportunity too good to pass up…ENJOY THE NEWEST OF THE LINCOLN CITY GOLF COURSES CLUBHOUSES! The recently opened 6,500 sq ft clubhouse provides full bar service, seating for up to 140 and well stocked Golf Shop for your event!
As well as the new clubhouse, we also are very proud of our golf course. Since 1963 it has been a gem in the heart of the city, an easy and great location for all of your participants to get to. The 18-hole par 72 course is always in excellent condition and offers multiple sets of tees to accommodate all ages and skill levels of golfers playing in your event.
Benefits included with your event at Holmes Golf Course…
- Use of NEW banquet room/clubhouse
- Starting hole assignments
- Personalized scorecards and cart signs
- Set up and collection of on course prizes and/or signage
- Rule sheets and professional format suggestions
- Beverage cart service
- Scoring at the end of the event
- Our entire staff’s commitment to make your day great!
Additional options for your event (may be additional charges)…
- Range balls
- Golf clinic with our Professionals
- Photo of each group and/or candid photos of the day
- Lunch, Dinner and/or Appetizers for your guests and participants
- Drink Specials
- Options limitless…just speak with our staff!
We look forward to hosting your event this golf season! If you have questions or want to start planning, please call the pro shop, 402-441-8960 to get started TODAY!
TO LOCK IN YOUR EVENT DATE AND TIME CLICK HERE AND FILL OUT THE TOURNAMENT APPLICATION NOW!!
Thank you for your time, and we will look forward to seeing you at the course!