Mayor Chris Beutler announced a committee that will develop a strategy to fund both municipal golf operations as well as repair and replacement of infrastructure. The Mayor will address the committee at its first meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, November 3 at the Parks and Recreation Office, 2740 “A” Street. A draft plan developed by the committee over the next few months will then be reviewed and discussed at a community meeting before a recommendation is presented to the Mayor early next year.
The Lincoln City Golf program is an enterprise fund, with revenues generated from golf operations supporting operating and capital costs. The revenues are primarily greens fees and cart rental fees. Additional revenue from lease of cell tower space on golf course property is directed to capital projects.
Meetings of the new committee will be open to the public, and agendas and meeting summaries will be available on this page. A report of the findings and recommendations of the committee will also be available here and at all five municipal golf clubhouses. View the full 10/30/15 press release.
Members of the new committee include the following members from the Lincoln Municipal Golf Advisory Committee:
- Bill Allen (representing Lincoln Men’s Senior Golf League)
- Brad Brandt (representing Parks and Recreation Advisory Board)
- Karen Flowers (representing Lincoln Women’s Municipal Golf Association)
- Larry Honeycutt (representing Lincoln Municipal Golf Association)
- Clancy Woolman
Other members of the new committee are:
- Ann Avery, State Farm
- Rod Confer, former City Attorney
- City Council Member Carl Eskridge
- Doug Ganz, Pinnacle Bank
- Brad Korell, Olsson Associates
- Dan Marvin, former City Council member
- John Miles, Cline Williams Wright Johnson and Oldfather
- Dick Powell, Eyes on Lincoln Optometry
- 2014 Lincoln City Golf Strategic Plan for Sustainability
- Status Report regarding 2014 Strategic Plan
- Synopsis of Recommendations of the 2013 National Golf Foundation Lincoln City Golf Sustainability Study
November 3, 2015: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
November 24, 2015: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Memo regarding additional information requested at November 24th meeting:
- Small Group Ideas
- Honeycutt Ideas
- Miles Ideas
December 9, 2015: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
February 6, 2016: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Working Group Strategies (worksheets) prepared during the December 9th meeting
- Working Group Reports combined list from December 9th meeting
- Strategies Spreadsheet combined spreadsheet from December 9th meeting
- Financial Model from the National Golf Foundation
Prior to the meeting of the Community Committee on Sustainability of Lincoln City Golf, Richard Springer of the National Golf Foundation will be available via conference call for a presentation and short Q/A session, beginning at 8:15 a.m. Any interested party from the Committee and the public are welcome to attend.
The official Committee meeting facilitated by Leadership Resources will begin at 9:00 a.m.
March 23, 2016: 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m
Summary to Mayor Beutler: